July 31, 2009

The week in review

We have had a fairly busy week for the end of July. Sunday thru Wednesday evenings we spent up at the church with VBS. Andrew had a blast with Ms. Doneen and Ms. Ally. His favorite part of VBS was playing sharks and minnos in rec. I can already hear the conversations now ... "Andrew what is was for favorite thing about school today?" "Recess mom!"

I was able to stay home with the kids Tuesday and Wednesday and we had a lot of fun. Tuesday was kind of rainy so we played inside and worked on cleaning the house a little bit. Wednesday we ran errands (birthday shopping) and had lunch with Shane. I was able to mow while the kids were "napping" (more like playing in their rooms, but I like to think that they were napping). Then they got up and helped me pick beans in the garden. It was a little muddy from the rain, but we got four rows done. I have already canned about 20 pint and a half jars and will have another canner full to do this weekend.

Now it's Friday, the kids are spending the night with G&G Renyer, the house is pretty clean, and I can't think of anything to do tonight. It's pretty sad when you get older and you realize that your life really does revolve around your kids. When they are gone I am actually a little bored :( I should probably get some scrapbooking done, but I might just lounge around the house with Shane instead!

Tomorrow the kids are getting their birthday pictures done. I just hope no one falls and gets a huge scratch or big bruise tonight ... cross your fingers!

No comments: