June 15, 2009

As expected, June has been pretty busy so far. We started off the month with a family garage sale over at Grandma and Grandpa Koci's house. We did pretty good for being "out of town" and having mostly little items we were trying to get rid of. I think Grandpa came out ahead of the rest of us as he had quite a few tools (high dollars) that he sold. The kids had fun at the sale as well with their cookie stand. Strangely no one wanted to buy cookies if the kids weren't sitting right there at their table. I guess seeing two adorable kids makes some people hungry and seeing a grown woman doesn't! Coincidentally the garage sale fell on our anniversary. Shane and I have been married five years ... what a ride it has been!

Then June 9th our newest nephew was born, Caden Koci. Shane and I made a trip to KC to see Ryan, Amy and Caden last Wednesday. I wish I could say that it made me want to have another little one, but I think I am leaning more towards Shane's reasoning, we have the perfect pair a boy and girl. Plus I got to thinking about needing another room and right now we are pretty full. Anywho, Caden was a perfect little guy congrats Ryan and Amy!

The rest of the week we spent time in our semi neglected yard. The weeds had taken over in a few spots and the garden needed some tending to. While Shane and I worked hard in the garden the kids took advantage of the warm day and played in the sprinkler in the backyard. It was quite amuzing at times.

We also made time for a trip to the zoo on Saturday. I'm not sure if they were more excited about the animals at the zoo or getting to ride on the train, but they had fun at any rate!



No comments: